11 Austalian Startups Announced for the 2022 LuminaX Health Accelerator
Machine learning, medical devices and the metaverse will be key trends in this years’ LuminaX Health Accelerator, with 11 high-growth startups selected to take part in Australia’s leading early-stage health accelerator program.
Cohort Innovation Space has today announced a new line up of healthtech, medtech, sportstech and biotech startups from around Australia will take part the 14-week Gold Coast based program.
LuminaX will provide comprehensive financial and in-kind support to the 11 startups alongside key government, industry, education, corporate and capital partners including the Queensland Government, City of Gold Coast, VentureCrowd, Mater, 3M, Bond University and IntelliHQ.
Startups will receive more than $50,000 in-kind value, including a workspace at Cohort Innovation Space, personalised connections from industry partners, 80 hours of individual mentoring and coaching, and 14 expert-led workshops. Each startup will also receive $50,000 investment through the VentureCrowd HealthTech Fund.
This year the accelerator received an overwhelming 60 applications, with one third of applications being received from outside Queensland.
From the 11 startups that advanced through the competitive application and selection process, 4 startups are from Brisbane, 5 startups are from Sydney and 2 startups are from the Gold Coast.
6 of the 11 the startups are female founded or female-led.
2022 LuminaX Participants
beHub – A single platform where clinicians can access accurate and up-to-date medical device information, education and training anywhere, anytime
- Bio-az – The development and manufacturing of the world first synbiotic functional food ingredient that survives aseptic manufacturing processes for the shelf life of the product
- Fempro Armour – Providing female designed chest and body armour and apparel to minimize injuries and/or death to women in impact sports
- Go Locum – An online platform that aggregates and automates locum jobs for doctors to improve the connection between doctors, hospitals and agencies to fill urgent roster shortages
- GoWell Health – A platform that takes the pain out of booking health appointments, allowing consumers to find, book and pay for allied health professionals that fit their schedule and budget
- MedaData – An AI/ML platform that provides personalised medication recommendations to ensure patients have the most up-to-date, data-driven recommendations in order to reduce the frequency and severity of medication
- MedLearn – Eduvidd’s core product is their online Continued Professional Development (CPD) learning courses that is hosted on their white-labelled CPD compliance platform
- Memo Memory Rehabilitation – An online clinician tool for effective, group-based, memory rehabilitation that teaches memory strategies to improve patient’s everyday functioning
- Stripped Supply – Australia’s first diabetes subscription box, automatically delivering NDSS supplies like strips, needle tips, insulin pump and CGM consumables to diabetics, when they need them.
- Stitch – A metaverse health marketplace for health providers to work in a user-centric environment with decentralised data shared on highly secure, medically-compliant
- Tavr AI – An AI driven TAVR analysis that predicts paravalvular leak and vascular injury during TAVR
LuminaX Program Director Dren Xerxa said he is looking forward to working with 11 Australian startups and helping them to launch and refine their existing products from the Gold Coast.
“From the number and calibre of applications for this year’s program, we can see that LuminaX has quickly gained a reputation as Australia’s leading program for early-stage startups in the healthtech sector.”
“I’m excited to announce the 11 startups that were successful in securing a place in our second cohort of the LuminaX Health Accelerator, and I’m looking forward to working closely with all startups, along with our industry partners, mentors and coaches to provide them with the networks, expertise, space and
resources required to build, grow and launch a successful business from right here on the Gold Coast”
Mr Xerxa said.
The 14-week program begins today, May 9, and runs until July 2022. The demo day event is scheduled for August 2022.
LuminaX Website: luminax.com.au
Contact: Ariana Margetts, firstname.lastname@example.org
About COHORT INNOVATION SPACE
Cohort Innovation Space is a launchpad for health and technology startups, innovators, new businesses and entrepreneurs. As one of Queensland’s largest innovation spaces, Cohort includes a digital transformation centre, an accelerator, student incubator, PC1 and PC2 science labs, 46 coworking desks, 21 private offices, 3 meeting rooms, 2 boardrooms and a 150 person event space.